Norfolk Southern’s Thoroughbred Bulk Transfer facilities are clean, secure, and well-equipped for transferring bulk products from rail to truck. While NS owns these centers, they are operated by independent contractors.
TBT facilities are located all across the NS network:
- Detroit (Mich.)
- Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Columbus* (Ohio)
- Chattanooga* (Tenn.)
- Dalton, Doraville*, and Atlanta (Ga.)
- Winston-Salem (N.C.)
- Petersburg (Va.)
- Jacksonville (Fla.)
* All of these facilities are certified under ISO-9002 international quality system model.
See Thoroughbred Bulk Transfer (TBT)
Safely ship and receive chemicals and wastes.
NS can help serve shippers and receivers of:
- Sulfur and related chemicals
- Petroleum products
- Chlorine and bleaching compounds
- Industrial chemicals
- Chemical wastes
- Bulk products
- Other non-hazardous waste