Norfolk Southern provides the government with reliable and efficient shipping and delivery solutions. Whether you’re a power projection platform with a state-of-the-art rail mobility area or a National Guard unit without rail, NS’ extensive rail network offers customers lower rail rates thanks to many transload locations.
NS also offers:
- Efficient access to east coast destinations, plus import shipping and domestic distribution channels
- Convenient truck delivery combined with long-haul rail economy
- Inventory management and quality control
- Nonrail-served location market research
- Fleet of ramp cars
Meet your deployment schedule every time.
By moving shipments in a “time-definite” manner and meeting planned vessel schedules, NS provides consistent transit times. Throughout the process, you have complete visibility of your supply chain and can track your shipments from the origin installation to destination installation or port.
Ship from seaports to military installations all across America.
NS is committed to creating transportation value for the U.S. Armed Forces to keep them supplied, capable, and ready for what lies ahead. NS offers customized solutions to meet your needs and lower total delivery costs at the same time. The NS network supply chain technology, domestic distribution network, and strategic partnership provide a range of services from carload direct to local door-to-door delivery as well as custom handling of returning shipments.
SDDC, DLA, and other government agencies can improve the quality and speed of shipments by improving the flow of information and products.
NS can also provide you with:
- An optimal transportation plan for your installation
- Access to integrated shipment and inventory management systems
- Customized intermodal solutions
- Loading, tie-down, and unloading services
- Hands-on technical assistance and support
- Truckload pickup and delivery
- Real-time supply chain visibility
- Performance management reporting
- Shipment tracking and tracing
- Customer service support
- Freight payment and invoicing
- Consolidated billing