Dear NS Customer, Shipper or Receiver of Rail Cars, Rail Business Partner and NS Tariff Subscriber:
Effective May 1, 2015, Norfolk Southern (NS) will be making changes to the following tariff:
- NS Conditions of Carriage 2-P
Below is a brief description of the changes to the tariff.
The revisions to this tariff are available for view on the NS website at:
- Condition 5.2 – Siding agreements
- Condition 25.2 – The following language has been added: Shippers are responsible for inspecting the interior of each railcar before loading, and shall notify NS if equipment contains excessive carryback coal, debris, or is otherwise unsuitable for loading.
- Condition 31.0 – Updated the directions on where to find the list of NS’ approved freeze conditioning agents on our corporate site.
- Condition 33.2 – OSS is now charging $15/car to anyone not releasing empties via CTMS or Pacesetter. We’ve updated the condition to reflect as such.
Coal Business Group
Norfolk Southern Corporation