Dear Valued Customer:
In the fast-paced world of lumber, Norfolk Southern strives for competitiveness and full coverage in our real-time rating. Effective November 1, 2018, we take another step toward our goals with the publication of updated rates in NSQ 43040, which covers originated forest products.
The commodities covered by this rate authority include:
- Lumber (STCC 24-2XX-XX)
- Plywood (STCC 24-321-XX)
- Particleboard and OSB (STCCs 24-996-1X and 24-991-1X)
- Crane mats (STCC 24-992-38)
- Plastic lumber (STCC 30-719-06)
Please see the tariff for a full listing of the STCCs covered.
Other important items of note:
- These rates are public and therefore are not subject to fuel surcharge.
- As with all Norfolk Southern rate publications, the applicable terms and conditions are listed in the notes section of each authority.
The updated NSQ 43040 will be available in AccessNS by tomorrow, Oct. 2. We encourage you to register for AccessNS at https://accessns.nscorp.com/accessNS/#register, using your sales person or one of us as a sponsor, and subscribe to this authority to receive up-to-date changes as they are available.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the forest products marketing team or your sales person. We at Norfolk Southern appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve your transportation needs.
Brian Vittur, Director of Marketing
Laura Brooks, Sr. Market Manager
Tami Alexander, Market Manager